NEW RECREATION GUIDE
Ph. (925) 625-7042
Fx: (925) 625-3492
RECREATION SUPERVISOR'S BIOGRAPHY
Lindsey Bruno has been with the Recreation Division for over four years, working in various capacities. Lindsey has a degree in Recreation Administration from California State University, Sacramento and has been working in the Field of Recreation for over 10 years. Outside of work she enjoys reading and spending time with family and friends.
The City of Oakley Recreation Division is a section of the Administration Department whose dedication to the health and wellbeing of Oakley's residents has lead them to increase the recreation and leisure opportunities found in the Heart of the Delta. Recreation staff strives to enhance a sense of community pride, protect the environment, encourage citizens to engage, and foster a safe place to develop assets for youth, therefore, creating community through people, parks and programs! The specific responsibilities of the Recreation Division include:
- Managing and facilitating recreation programs within the City of Oakley
- Maintaining strong and encouraging partnerships with organizations including the Vesper Society, Oakley Union Elementary School District, East Bay Regional Parks District, local recreation oriented businesses and local sports leagues
- Administering park reservations and facilities rentals
- Providing adequate space for learning and play
- Supporting the mentoring of Youth Development Assets through the Oakley Youth Master Plan
DID YOU KNOW?
In 2003, five (5) recreational programs were offered through the City of Oakley and as of July 2008 the Recreation Division now offers over twenty-five (25) programs in four (4) areas of programming: Youth Programs, Athletic Programs, Kids & Tots Programs, General Recreation Classes, and over twelve (12) annual special events.
The Recreation Division strives to establish high-quality recreation programs for all ages, abilities, cultures and beliefs.
(Tot Programs & Special Events)