The City of Oakley is rich in history. Learn and experience life in Oakley at the East Contra Costa Historical Society and Museum.
The Museum is on 3890 Sellers Avenue in Knightsen/Brentwood and is open from April 1st to October 31st.
Go to the website: www.theschoolbell.com and become a member! Look for their events on the Community Calendar!
OTHER BAY AREA MUSEUMS OF INTEREST:
- Black Diamond Mines: www.ebparks.org/parks/black.htm
- California Historic Society: www.calhist.org
- California Heritage Collection: http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/CalHeritage
- California State Railroad Museum: www.csrmf.org
- Mt. Diablo State Park: www.mdia.org/chistory.htm
- Round Valley Regional Preserve: www.ebparks.org/parks/round.htm
- April through October
- Saturdays and the 3rd Sunday each month
- 2 to 4 PM