CITY CLERK'S OFFICE
CITY CLERK BIOGRAPHY
Libby Vreonis was welcomed onto the City Staff in 2008. She has been employed as the City Clerk since 2011. She assisted the former City Clerk with various duties, including elections, City Council/RDA agendas and meetings, referendum petitions, record requests, and development of the online Oakley Municipal Code. She also is employed as a paralegal in the City Attorney’s Office. She will continue to divide her time between the City Clerk duties and serving as Paralegal in the City Attorney’s Office. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley, a Juris Doctor from John F. Kennedy School of Law and an L.L.M. in Taxation from Golden Gate University School of Law. Libby is a member of CCAC (City Clerks Association of California) and MDLPA (Mount Diablo Legal Professionals Association). Outside of work, Libby enjoys spending time with her family and friends, attending yoga classes, and is pursuing education in her hobbies, viticulture and enology.
The primary duties of the City Clerk's Department are to:
- Administer municipal elections
- Serve as passport acceptance agents
- Advertise and coordinate local and regional appointments by the City Council
- Conduct bid openings
- Process claims for damages against City of Oakley
- Maintain the Municipal Code
- Serve as custodian of the official records
- Maintain conflict of interest and financial disclosure records submitted by public officials
- Oversee publication/dissemination of City Council/City of Oakley as Successor Agency to the Oakley Redevelopment Agency agendas, meeting packets and supporting information (staff reports)
- Ensure that the City Council/Redevelopment Agency meetings are conducted in accordance with the Ralph M. Brown Act, commonly known as the "open meeting" law
- Act as a liaison between the community and elected City Officials
To provide excellent customer service to our external and internal customers and to look for innovative and cost-effective ways in which to provide all services.
DID YOU KNOW?
You can receive City Council and City of Oakley as Successor Agency to the Oakley Redevelopment Agency Agendas via e-mail by subscribing to the City Clerk's email distribution list. Access to these agendas not only keep you updated on Oakley events, but gives you advance notice of upcoming topics so you can, if desired, share your opinion with the City Council. To subscribe to the Agenda Distribution List email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Administrative Assistant (Receptionist & Passport Acceptance Agent)||Janet Brownemail@example.com|
|Records Managment Clerk(Records Technician & Passport Acceptance Agent)||Kim Carmodyfirstname.lastname@example.org|