HOW TO GET A BUILDING PERMIT IN OAKLEY
To obtain a Building Permit in the City of Oakley you will need to complete a Building Permit Application. Depending on the complexity of the project; building plans may be required. To determine if your project requires plans please contact the Building Division at (925) 625-7005. Permits that do not require plans can be obtained the same day by completing a permit application; typically projects like re-roofs, water heaters and electrical service upgrades do not require plans and are considered to be “over the counter permits.”
Permits can only be issued to either the owner of the property or to a licensed contractor licensed by the California State License Board.
Inspections can be requested by calling the Building Division at (925) 625-7005. The Building Division performs Inspections Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Inspection requests are required to be made by 4:00 p.m. the day prior to the desired Inspection.
The City of Oakley Building Division exists to help homeowners, business owners, developers and contractors to complete their projects in the safest and most time and cost efficient way so please do not hesitate to call on us to help you in the preparation of your project –we are here to help.
ONLINE PERMIT SUBMITTAL
- Permit Application Form
- Building Permits: A Guide
- Accessory Structure Requirements
- Kitchen Remodel Plan Requirements
- Pool and Spa Plan Requirements
- Residential Addition Plan Requirements
- Solar Permit Submittal Requirments
- Smoke and CO Certification Form
- Drawing Examples
- List of projects that do not require a building permit*
* Please note that one should make an appointment with the Building Department BEFORE ANY WORK HAS BEGUN to ensure that the project does not require a permit, rather than relying on interpreting the list.