During these uncertain times, please be vigilant that the information you receive about COVID-19 is accurate and well-sourced. The City of Oakley has collected the following comprehensive list of information and resources that are currently available to the public.
CITY COVID-19 POLICIES
- Social Distancing & Individual Responsibility Policy
- Policy & Protocols for Temperature Testing & Symptom Screening
NEWS & UPDATES
- The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors established fines for violations of the Public Health Order on July 28th, to report a business violating the Health Order contact the Contra Costa County Consumer Protection Unit. Click here for the Health Order and click here for Consumer Protection Unit contact information.
- The Regional Shelter in Place order has been extended to May 31st, click here to view the new order.
- Effective April 22nd, Contra Costa County orders requires face covering be worn in public by individuals over the age of 12 when interacting with others outside the home and especially in settings where many people are present including work, gas stations, riding public transit etc. Learn how to make your own face covering using items around the house from the CDC by clicking here.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides daily updates on the virus, including statistics at www.hhs.gov/about/news/coronavirus/index.html.
- Para obtener información en español, visite nuestra página del https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DIRECTRICES-DEL-PRESIDENTE-SOBRE-EL-CORONAVIRUS.pdf
- The California Department of Public Health also provides regular updates at the state level at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/New-Release-2020.aspx.
- Contra Costa County Health Services provides local updates regularly at https://cchealth.org
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESS
Click here to visit the City of Oakley Economic Development page, filled with resources to help businesses.
Facebook has grants available for small businesses in Contra Costa County, learn more by clicking here. Small businesses can also set up digital giftcards to allow people to support businesses during this time.
MAJOR MEDICAL FACILITIES IN THE AREA
RESOURCES REGARDING UNEMPLOYMENT AND DISABILITY INSURANCE
- For information about receiving paid sick leave and benefits from the state, please visit https://www.labor.ca.gov/coronavirus2019/#chart
- If you are an employer or small business owner seeking information about payroll loans, visit https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources.
- For information about the Federal Small Business Admin Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program should visit http://www.sba.gov/page/guidance-businesses-employers-plan-respond-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
- Individuals wishing to apply for state unemployment insurance, should visit https://www.edd.ca.gov/claims.htm
- To file for disability insurance if you have been diagnosed with the virus or are a caretaker for someone who has been diagnosed, visit www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
- California Coronavirus Resources (including financial, small business, immigrant resources, etc.)https://covid19.ca.gov/
- WELL-BEING AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Those experiencing anxiety and stress can find mental health resources at https://www.nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-the-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf
- For food and nutrition resources, visit the Food bank of Contra Costa & Solano at foodbankccs.org. The county food bank also has special programs for children and seniors. They are also accepting donations, with more information available on their website.
- For more information and updates about Oakley schools, including free food resources for students, visit www.ouesd.k12.ca.us
- The income tax deadline has been extended from April 15th to July 15th, for more information, visit www.irs.gov
- The California Department of Motor Vehicles has announced a 60-day grace period for transactions that have a deadline of March 16th or later and require an office visit including renewal of license for drivers 70 and older and renewal of a registration expired for more than 90 days. Visit www.dmv.ca.gov for more information.
STATEWIDE MORATORIUM ON EVICTIONS
Click here to view the state wide moratorium on evictions.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS
- Learn about homeschooling options through Love of Learning by clicking here.
- Visit our virtual Recreation Center for games, crafts, and other activity ideas to keep you and your family entertained and engaged while social distancing.
Finally, a lot of us want to reach out and help during this trying time and that’s a wonderful instinct. Visit https://californiavolunteers.ca.gov/get-involved/covid-19/ to search for volunteer opportunities in the area.