The Oakley City Council has re-established the Planning Commission as a separate body. The Planning Commission is tasked with:
- Deciding on all matters referred to by the Zoning Administrator, Parcel Maps (fewer than 5 parcels), Conditional Use Permits and Design Review (when not a Staff level approval).
- Making recommendations to the City Council on all proposed development agreements, zone changes, zoning text amendments, adoption or amendments to specific plans or the General Plan, and other legislative land-use matters.
- Periodically reviewing the Capital Improvement Program.
- Approving, adopting, or certifying environmental documents, to the extent required under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), for any matters for which the commission is the deciding body.
- For matters in which the Planning Commission acts as a recommending body, it shall make recommendations concerning any CEQA documents in conjunction with its recommendations concerning the merits of the proposed actions.
The City Council needs to fill ONE vacant seat on the Planning Commissioner to serve an initial 2-year term.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 25, 2022 @ 5:00 PM. Appointment of the Commissioner is expected to take place at the March 8th City Council Meeting.
The Commissioner will be required to file Conflict of Interest disclosure forms and comply with all the Conflict of Interest regulations about not participating in matters in which they have a financial interest. Commissioners receive no compensation for their participation. If appointed, you will receive ethics and Brown Act training. The Commissioner will also have to be able to make the Planning Commissioners Academy, put on by CalCities in San Ramon, from March 16th – 18th. The City will pay for registration.