Apr 02 2016
8am - 2pm
The “Rock the Chalk” art contest is open to all ages and it’s FREE to participate. Space is limited and per-registration is highly recommended. Participants will be assigned a 3′ x 4′ space on the concrete dance floor in the Civic Center amphitheater to design and draw their artwork, using chalk.
Check-in begins at 8am, work must begin by 10am and be completed by 1pm with awards handed out at approximately 2pm. Art work will be judged on creativity and use of color. All artwork must be family-friendly.
A $50 cash award will be given to the winners in each of the following categories: Ages 6 – 10, 11 – 14, 15 – 18 and 19+.
For more information, including the registration form, contact Cindy at (925) 625-7044 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry rules and information:
• Registration is FREE and open to all ages. Space is limited and pre-registration is highly
recommended. If space is available, participants may register the day of the event.
• Participants will be assigned a 3’ x 4’ space by organizers at check-in. Artwork will be
located on the concrete dance floor at the Civic Center Amphitheater.
• Participants will be given a set of non-toxic chalk sticks. It is permissible to bring chalk
from home but it must be non-toxic and washable. No stenciling is permitted.
• Artists may begin work once they have checked in. Work must begin no later than 10am
and be completed by 1pm so that judging may take place.
• Awards will be handed out at approximately 2pm.
• All artwork must be family-friendly. No nude or lewd images permitted. No political or
commercial statements allowed. Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove
any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary.
• A panel of judges will consider creativity and use of color.
• A winner will be awarded a $50 cash prize in each of the following age categories:
Ages 6 – 10, 11 – 14, 15 – 18 and ages 19+.