Elementary, Middle and High School students are invited to enter the Heart of Oakley Art Contest. For Elementary age children there are color pages linked below that you can complete and return to the Recreation Division office, or for more advanced artists you can come up with an original piece to submit.
Entry rules and information:
- Preschool and Elementary age students may color one of the pages at the bottom of this page using crayons, markers or colored pencils.
- Middle and high school students, as well as adults are invited to create original artwork that conveys the theme My Heart of Oakley.
- Artists may use pencil, chalk, water color, acrylics, etc. to express what makes Oakley special!
- Maximum size is 12” X 18” matted. No frames or glass will be accepted.
- All submissions must be family friendly. No nude or lewd images permitted. No political or commercial statements allowed. Organizers have the right to disqualify any inappropriate art or writing as they deem necessary.
- All coloring sheets will be accepted until September 19th, other artwork may be submitted between September 17 – 19, 8:00am – 5:00pm. All work that has not been claimed by 4:00pm on September 28th will be discarded.
- A panel of judges will consider creativity and how the art relates to the theme.
- Contact information must be on the back of the artwork for judging. Artwork with identification information on the front will not be eligible for judging.
- First place winners will be announced on September 20th. The first place winners in the elementary school age group will receive a $25 gift card, winners in the middle school and older age categories will receive a $50 gift card!
- All winners will be contacted by phone or email so be sure your entry form is complete and legible.
Submit entry forms to: City of Oakley, 3231 Main St. Oakley CA 94561, Attn: Cindy Tumin or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be displayed at the Heart of Oakley event at the Civic Center on Saturday, September!