The Oakley Youth Advisory Council is accepting nominations for the 2016 Outstanding Youth Volunteer Award, to honor the outstanding youth volunteers who make a positive impact in Oakley.
Who Can Receive an Award?
- Middle or high school students who live in the City of Oakley and volunteer in Oakley and the surrounding east county communities.
- Nominees must provide outstanding volunteer service to their neighborhoods, communities, schools, and/or agencies, without being paid for it.
- Current OYAC members may not receive awards.
What is “Outstanding Volunteer Service”?
- Outstanding means that the service is meaningful to the nominee and significant to the recipient.
- The nominee may have done volunteer work despite challenging personal circumstances, or may have done work that was really helpful, or was unique.
How Do I Nominate Someone?
- Fill out the attached form. It can be emailed to Bruno@ci.oakley.ca.us, or sent to 3231 Main Street, Oakley, Ca 94561, by Wednesday April 19th at 5pm. The form is available on line by clicking here.
- Anyone unrelated to the nominee, except a current OYAC member, can submit a nomination.
Selection Process & Awards Info
- All nominees receive a letter of recognition informing them of their nomination.
- Up to three outstanding youth volunteers will be selected by OYAC members to receive an award based on their personal commitment and their positive impact on the community.
- Award winners will also receive a prize valued at $100.
Nomination Deadline: Wednesday, April 19th at 5pm
Submit nominations to:
OYAC Attn: Lindsey Bruno
3231 Main Street
Oakley CA 94561