The City of Oakley processes passport applications by Appointment Only
To schedule an appointment on-line please read all instructions and click on Book Appointment when you get to the bottom of the screen.
DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL
YOU HAVE READ THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
Passport processing hours are
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am – 4:00pm
Wednesday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Friday 8:30am – 3:00pm
(except the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month when City Hall is closed).
The U.S. Department of State Office of Passport Services has designated Oakley Civic Center as an authorized passport acceptance office.
Everything you need for your passport application is available at the Civic Center located at 3231 Main Street
Our services feature application processing, same-day passport photo service at a low $15 fee. The City of Oakley Processes passport applications by Appointment Only! To make an appointment for passport services, please read all of these instructions and click on the link at the bottom to schedule an appointment.
How to Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport
1. Complete an Application Form. The City does not process renewal applications (DS-82) for adults, these are mail-in forms.
Application forms can be obtained at the Civic Center or from the Internet at http://www.travel.state.gov. Please do not sign the application form until instructed to do so.
Double Sided Applications will not be accepted, if you complete your application on-line please print separate pages
2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship (One of the following)
- Previous U.S. Passport (if under 16 last passport issuance, you must also provide your original certified birth certificate AND one clear photocopy)
- Original or Certified copy of birth certificate AND one clear photocopy, (must be issued by the city, county, or state) (A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office.) Online orders can be submitted on the Internet at www.vitalchek.com
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (original AND one clear photocopy)
- Naturalization Certificate (original AND one clear photocopy)
- Certificate of Citizenship (original AND one clear photocopy)
3. Proof of Identity (One of these)
- Previous U.S. Passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Current, Valid Driver’s License
- Government ID: City, State or Federal
- Military ID: Military and Dependents
- Work ID: Must Be Currently Employed by the Company
- Student ID: Must Be Currently Enrolled
- Merchant Marines Card: Also Known as a “Seamen’s” or “Z” Card
- Pilot or Flight Attendant ID
4. One Passport Photograph
Photograph must be 2×2 inches in size and taken within the past six (6) months. The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches. The photograph must be in color. It must be a full face, front view, with a plain white or off-white background. Photograph should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline. Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire that is worn daily. If a hearing device, wig, or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken. Glasses cannot be worn for photographs. Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable.
5. Applicable Fees – United States Passport Fees Chart
Application Fees: (This fee can be paid by personal check or money order.)
Payable to: U.S. Department of State
16 and older:
- $110 – Passport Book (valid for travel by air, sea or land)
- $30 – Passport Card (valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only)
Under 16 years:
- $80 – Passport Book (valid for travel by air, sea or land)
- $15 – Passport Card (valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only)
Execution Fee: (This fee is paid separately from the application fee and must be paid with exact cash or a money order only)
Payable to: City of Oakley
- $35.00 (per application)
- $15.00 photo service, if needed
If you need your passport in less than eight (8) weeks you will need to pay an additional $60 expedite fee to ensure urgent handling.
If you are traveling within 14 days and require a passport, you will need to visit the San Francisco Passport Agency in person. To schedule an appointment call 877.487.2778.
For more information: http://www.travel.state.gov
Postal Fee: Overnight postage charge is currently $25.50 to Passport Services and $16.48 per application from Passport Services.