Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a fix-it ticket signed off?

Pick up the phone in the yellow box on the brick wall outside of the Oakley Police Department at 3231 Main Street. This phone is directly connected to Sheriff’s Dispatch. Tell them you are at Oakley Police Department for a “ticket sign off”. Officers are available 24 hours a day

What number do I call to make a non-emergency report?

(925) 625-8060 or (925) 229-2079

How do I get a vehicle release for my towed vehicle? Is there an administrative fee?

There is a $100 administrative fee unless the vehicle was involved in an accident or is a recovered stolen vehicle. The registered owner must come to the Oakley Police Department during normal business hours to obtain a vehicle release.

Can I get a citation for no proof of insurance signed off at the police department?

Citations for not having proof of insurance can only be signed off by the Clerk of the Traffic Court at the Superior Court.

Can I get a property release if I don’t get a vehicle release? Is there a fee?

There is no charge for a Property Release but only the Registered Owner can obtain a property release.

Do you accept checks or credit cards?

We do not accept checks or credit cards.

Can my car be towed for expired registration?

Yes. The California Vehicle Code states that a vehicle with registration expired over 6 months or with a Planned Non-Op can be towed.

What do I need to do to get my vehicle released if it was towed for expired registration?

You must present current registration or provide a ”registration in progress” receipt with a one-day moving permit. Both can be obtained from DMV. You MUST have a one-day moving permit if registration is incomplete.

There is a 30-day hold on my vehicle. What can I do to get it released early?

The vehicle can be released prior to the completion of the 30-day period if the Driver gets their Driver’s License re-instated. The registered owner must present proof of re-instatement. The vehicle can be released if all other requirements are met.

Can I call 9-1-1 on my cell phone for emergencies?

Yes, if you use 925 625-8060 to call. Dialing 9-1-1 will reach Sacramento CHP.

  • Oakley Police Department Tips

  • Emergencies

  • 911
  • Police Administration

  • 925-625-8855
  • Non-Emergency Dispatch

  • 925-229-2079